buggy HP software update from apple

Reaction score
Help please, I can't seem to get any info from apple w/o paying the $50

I have a HP photosmart C7280 AIO and was working perfectly till did the driver update that was in the software update from apple

Then it will print on regular bond paper but not on glossy presentation paper that I use for making labels. It keeps giving a 'out of paper' error.

Spent a couple of days back and forth w/HP tech

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling software but problem persists. Even created a new user and installing just the HP software and same thing

Hp says it's the apple update that is the prob and to uninstall

Need to find out how to remove either the update from apple or the corrupt files in same and go back to just the HP software which worked perfect.

Anyone else solved this prob?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
I have a HP 6310 AIO and it won't scan to size and other oddities. The finger pointing is unsolved as far as I can tell. I am hoping 10.6 might solve it.

A drastic move would be to partition the drive and install a working OS/Driver solution and not allow updates. Only other solution is to erase and install the best working OS if the issue is a big item to you. Have you tried Bonjour as the driver rather the HP driver?

OP
O
Reaction score
I really don't want to go to Bonjour as I really like the HP software.

And the darn thing did work like a charm till the update.

Must be a way to remove just the apple installed drivers?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.