Iphone 3G - Restore

Reaction score
Hi,

I just upgraded to a 3GS and sold my 3G on ebay. I deleted all of the info on the phone manually, but I'm still afraid the data is recoverable somehow so I want to do a restore through iTunes. My question is - would it get rid of the upgraded firmware? The thing is - I said in my listing that the phone would come with the latest firmware - 3.0.1 and I want to make sure I'll be able to keep my word. If I do restore and tell iTunes to treat this phone as new, will I be able to access the phone or would I get the locked screen with just the apple and the option to make an emergency call?

TIA!!!

UPDATE - never mind guys. I was in a rush so I did the restore and then was able to set up the phone as a new phone and kept the latest firmware with no probs. Just FYI in case anyone else needs the info.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Go to Settings > Tap on General > Scroll all the way down and tap Reset > Choose Erase All Content and Settings > Confirm (twice) that you REALLY want to lose everything

A way that is a lot easier. All done on the phone and keeps the latest firmware installed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.