Picture Viewer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 17", 1.8 Ghz, 1GB RAM
Does anyone know of a good picture viewer? I am used to be able to preview pictures in Windows, and I can browse the pictures using Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. All I need to do is to press the left or right buttons to browse the pictures without plosing the window and clicking anew picture. Sadly, Preview can't do that. Do you guys know of any program that allows you to priview the picture while browsing pictures in Finder, and allow me to easily browse pictures in the program itself? Any info is greatly appreciated!

J

Jefe3223

Welp, I'm not the expert to go to on this one, but I figure I'm up and I'll give you a timely responce. Do I know of any? no. Is there some out there? I think so, but I don't know it (I'll wait 'till someone mentions it and I'll get it myself). As for viewing pictures in the finder itself, THAT I know. If you have a folder with a bunch of pictures in it, whilest in the folder, select preferences (command J) and select "show icon preview". You can then see them as you browse in the finder; this works for most jpegs, giff, tiff, etc. Picture clippings sometimes do not work. As for a program, I don't rightly know.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 17", 1.8 Ghz, 1GB RAM
Thnx for answering one of my questions! Yay! I can finally see them! I'll just wait for the answer for my other question. Thanks a lot! :miner:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You can also open them all up in preview in once.

Highlight the pictures you want and double click on one of the pictures

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
Drag all the pics in the Preview icon in the dock. All of them will turn up in one window. Its very convenient.

Or you could use a program called ACDSee. They have a Mac version.

J

Jefe3223

Strider said:
Drag all the pics in the Preview icon in the dock. All of them will turn up in one window. Its very convenient.

Or you could use a program called ACDSee. They have a Mac version.

Ah! Strider, you're a freakin' genious. You don't know how long that's been annoying me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
W

warrenbert

Photoshop Elements has a nice browser with preview window. ACDSee for Mac doesn't work as well as their Windows version which I love very much. I'm currently using Shoebox. Google it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.