Yeah, I switched and I'm never going back

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 500GB/ 60GB 5G iPod/ 160GB 6G iPod/ 8GB Nano/ 32GB 2nd Gen iTouch
Switched over to a MacBook Pro on 4 August 09. After decades of PC-ness, windows b.s., viruses, spyware, malware, beware, etc...I took the plunge. My HP (POS) DV9700 crapped out on me after a year and four months. Wrangling with HP to see if they could fix it led me nowhere. The customer service rep even hung up on me after 45 min on hold. Needless to say I came over to the "dark side" and I'm NEVER going back. Mac is the easiest computer system. The learning curve is a little steep but nothing I can't negotiate. Slowly but surely I'm going to get my house "Apple-fied". My next purchases are going to be a Snow Leopard upgrade, a 24" iMac and a MacMini. I'm eating crow right now from all my friends that had Macs before me. They all tried to get me to switch a long time ago and I kept digging my heels in until I got thrown under the bus by HP. The folks at the Apple Store were the coolest. They have a customer for life. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP Sep 09, 2.66Ghz C2D, 4Gb Ram, 320Gb HDD 7200rpm, 10.6.x / iPod Touch 8Gb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 Inch Apple MacBook Pro; 2.40 GHZ, 4GB Ram, 250GB HDD
Welcome to the Mac world!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66GHz 320GB; 8GB OG iPhone
Welcome. I switched about a year ago, and have never looked back

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 4Gb RAM, 1Tb Time Capsule. iPhone 3GS, Macbook
As soon as Sony make my ereader Mac compatible my Dell laptop is going to take that 4th floor flier. There's a very tall viaduct near here; wouldn't that make a good press story.

"Mac evangelist extinguishes Windows from life."

Unless of course somebody wants to make me an offer for it. :Evil: :Evil:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB
I wonder how the market will look like in say, 10 years from now. Will Microsoft be so dominant as they are now?

Anyway, congrats to your new Mac, I am sure you will be pleased with it :)

T

todd51

I wonder how the market will look like in say, 10 years from now. Will Microsoft be so dominant as they are now?

Anyway, congrats to your new Mac, I am sure you will be pleased with it :)

For businesses, I would say yes, Windows will continue to dominate. As for the personal/home computer, I think Apple will take a good chunck of that away from Windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
I've been using mac for about 8 months now and I love it, I will still be using windows and linux but I enjoy every day that I use my iMac, looking forward to picking up a MBP for college.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Good move and welcome aboard.

The happiest move i have ever made

Great forum you chose to ... been invaluable to me

Enjoy all the knowledge that is amongst us :)

OP
NMMI89
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 500GB/ 60GB 5G iPod/ 160GB 6G iPod/ 8GB Nano/ 32GB 2nd Gen iTouch
Thanx all...yep, I'm pretty darn happy with Mac right now. Great customer service and a great product. This has got to be the most user friendly machine ever.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 13" MacBook Air w/ 1.8GHz i7 & 4GB, iPhone 5S 32GB Gold
Nice, and welcome xD. I've never been happier with computing since I've switched. Mainly due to everything just working. It's the biggest pain in the backside putting pictures from my camera onto my PC due to the mass of drivers that need to be installed, them being hardly ever the right drivers, having a no-good photo management program, 64-bit Windows having compatibility issues all across the board, etc. I much prefer just plugging the camera into the Mac and having iPhoto open automatically and let me transfer and view them with great pleasure :).

(Although, if Win 98 was still supported I would still rather use that than OS X or Vista ;))

Reaction score
Another into the Fold

I'm about four weeks into my new MacBook Pro. I am a very satisfied switcher. I've been running Windows as my primary operating system since v3.1. Now I'm nearly Windows-free. I still have a Windows PC to run flight simulator and a couple of apps I use to program radios, but my every day machine is my MBP. I'm sure I'll buy or build other Unix or Linux machines for various purposes, but for my every day use, the Mac is it for me.

Best Regards,
Shane

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.