Home theater system speaker

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Home theater system speakers

I am in the porcess of replacing my home theater system. I have an Onkyo 6 disk DVD player, Onkyo 5.1 surround sound receiver, and 6 JBL speaker setup.

I am looking for something a little smaller to the new house that is currently being build. I am not sure if I am going to replace the receiver, but I am going to replace the DVD player. I am also looking at getting a new speaker setup. Some a little smaller in size.

I am looking at the Bose line, is there any other lines I should be looking at?

OP
rman

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I guess there are no suggestions here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
sony has some nice smaller speakers. are you looking more for music or surround sound, bass, treble? speakers that can double as lamp tables, etc?
yamaha also has a very nice selection of powerful midsize speakers.

OP
rman

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Looking at replacing my home theater surround sound setup. I am about to purchase the HDTV and I am looking at getting a smaller setup. So that it will take out less space in the new house.

D

Desolate One

From my experience w/ Bose speaker systems, while they're small there is virtually no bass w/ some systems, the mids are washed out, and to protect the speakers they'll cut out at higher volumes. If I were spending that kind of money I would demand much better sound quality.
I currently have a similar Onkyo setup but am using Yamaha speakers. Great quality from those gems!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.