Accidentally Deleted Terminal

Reaction score
I have just recently purchased a mac and today while i was in the utilities folder i have come across terminal. I moved it as a shortcut to my desktop later finding that it's better off not on my desktop so, thinking it was just a shortcut and not the app itself i went right on ahead and threw it away. PERMANENTLY!:Oops: PLZZZZ if someone can tell me how to get it back i will be forever grateful. I have read many forum posts and all users say do use a program called pacifist. I have downloaded this and have used my install disk but theres one problem. I have no idea where terminal is located on my instal dvd. If someone can be specific and point this out it would be great. I have spent much time on my mac and am trying to learn how to program and i really need this utility. ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED!:)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you have Pacifist, it should be able to search for and extract "terminal" from your disk. Have you tried that?

The other option is to have someone send you the file that you accidently deleted. The terminal file (Leopard OS X 10.5.8) is 1 MB is size and can be easily attached to an email and sent to you. It goes in:

/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app/Contents/MacOS/terminal

Regards.

OP
M
Reaction score
If you have Pacifist, it should be able to search for and extract "terminal" from your disk. Have you tried that?

The other option is to have someone send you the file that you accidently deleted. The terminal file (Leopard OS X 10.5.8) is 1 MB is size and can be easily attached to an email and sent to you. It goes in:

/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app/Contents/MacOS/terminal

Regards.
THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FREAKIN MUCH. IT'S FIXED AND WORKS. YOUR MY HERO MAN!!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.