just ordered my first mac

A

andrewjc

i just ordered a 12" ibook from apple.com with a 512mb memory upgrade, i have a few questions about it.

1.) i noticed macs are a bit more pricey than other laptops, why is this?

2.) will my ibook with 512mb ram run warcraft 3 okay ?

3.) will it take a long time to get use to a new OS ?

OP
J

Jefe3223

1)I'm not sure...good quality?
2) should run fine, but you can always add more ram if it doesn't (though it works on mine)
3) no, i like it better.

OP
A

andrewjc

1 more question, i have alot of pictures i need to save and a few movies (.avi format ) if i burn them to a CD using windows will the mac read the CD ?

OP
J

Jefe3223

I can't honestly answer that. I know there was a thread on that somewhere...If I find it, i'll let you know.

OP
Z

zap2

1 macs are far better then pc but cost a little $$$ for it

2 im not real a gamer on mac but i would think it would be fine because my bro has a iamc g4 1.25 ghz 256 ram and it is a does what it needs to. Or get more ram which is what i plan to do for a imac g5 whcih now has 1 gig trying to go to 2 gigs.

3 OS is great but it does take time to learn after using windows if that is what you used, it is like learning a 2nd lanuege hard but worth it. ANd this languege is much better then windows

4 ???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
4: yes it should , ive done it a few times , works just fine .. some avi's may not play but you can get a plug in or a codec and it'll play just fine .

OP
A

andrewjc

Ghostshadow said:
4: yes it should , ive done it a few times , works just fine .. some avi's may not play but you can get a plug in or a codec and it'll play just fine .

phew thanks, ahh i hate waiting, why didn't i go to the apple store abnd buy it lol stupid shippnig :/

OP
Z

zap2

the only dwonside to the apple store is not being able to add bigger harddrives or ,superdrives,or BLuetooth,etc

OP
M

mangoSharingan

Warcraft III works perfectly fine (1024x768 resolution, high detail etc...) on my iBook with the same specs as yours.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.