Keyboard Problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz, Ibook G4 1.33ghz, Powerbook Lombard 333mhz
Im trying to remove the keyboard and last time I opened it to look I must have turned the Num Lock light to much and now I cant figure out how to get it to unlock. If I keep turning a way will it eventual come unlocked?

OP
oldnews
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz, Ibook G4 1.33ghz, Powerbook Lombard 333mhz
Its the new 1.33Ghz Ibook G4 and I just want to remove the keyboard. Last time I was just looking under the keyboard to see where I would have to go if I wanted to upgrade the ram. Well when I locked the keyboard in place by turning the little screw in the middle (also the num lock light) I must of turned it more because I can't figure out how much to turn it to get it to unlock the keyboard.

J

Jefe3223

well I'll be danged, i never knew there was a little screw there. I've always just popped mine off. I assume you've tried screwing it the opposite direction?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
you should be able to see the locking mechanism with a flash lihgt, and if you are blind like i am you will need a magnifying glass. turn the screw counter clock wise until you see the lock mechanism move in to the unlock position. hope that helps

M

mangoSharingan

If you look very closely in the gap above the lock, you should see a piece of plastic (transparent I think) if it is locked, and if otherwise, then it's unlocked. The screwdriver position should be set horizontally as well. I don't think it's a screw and turning it either way won't matter since I think it's just a piece of plastic underneath there pinned down.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
mangoSharingan said:
If you look very closely in the gap above the lock, you should see a piece of plastic (transparent I think) if it is locked, and if otherwise, then it's unlocked. The screwdriver position should be set horizontally as well. I don't think it's a screw and turning it either way won't matter since I think it's just a piece of plastic underneath there pinned down.
thanks for the follow up, that is exactly what i meant, just didnt have the words.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yeah just turn it a quarter in either direction and it should 'unlock'.

Then pull both tabs towards yourself and carefully lift up...

Reaction score
It only requires a half turn to lock or unlock. Locked or unlocked the slot with be horizontal. If it's locked, turn it a half turn. If it's still locked then something else is catching or the lock mechanism is broke.

ed724

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.