Strange problem browsing web

Reaction score
Just got the macbook pro with 10.5 installed, I cannot get to my camera club page by typing:
Lake County Camera Club
However if I type Lake County Camera Club I have no problem.
Same thing on either FF or Safari.
I can get to the page without any problem from other W* machines in the same network.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm not sure I understand your problem. I just went to their website using both of the links you provided. ??

Regards.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
chscag, just for the record, our of his URL's had www and the other one did not.

Since the issue went away it might have been a problem with the sites domain and it was fixed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
You do not mention; computer or OS. both of which can make a difference when it comes to web pages loading.
My MBP has 2 locations set and Automatic, if i forget to change location to Sis in Laws when i get there some of my favourite pages will not load, change to her location and all is go.
Her Location has settings & DNS numbers for her ISP and my home office is set up for my ISP and Automatic is for when i am on the road. Might be something there that will help. Seems to me that 10.5.7 & 10.5.8 find and set the DNS numbers more easily, but that is just an observation.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.