G4 17 1.33 power issue

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago my screen went dark. Still could barely see the desktop so I hooked it up to an external screen and it is working fine. I have ordered a replacement screen and inverter board which should be here in a couple of days. But I just noticed another problem. If I unplug the power adaptor and try to run it on the battery the laptop goes into sleep mode every time. I have tried 3 different batteries and the same thing happens with all 3. The computer recognizes and charges the battery. When I unplug the computer the icon shows it switching to the battery and then about 1 second later goes to sleep. Could this be related to a bad inverter board? And before anyone asks there was no spilled liquid. :D

OP
T
Reaction score
Never mind. I realize that this only happens when it is hooked up to the external monitor and the laptop's lid is closed. Duh.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.