Excel crashing my Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Every once in a while while I'm entering data in an Excel spreadsheet, everything suddenly goes blue and I'm automatically and instantaneously logged off my computer. Everything (all my apps, etc.) shuts down/quits and I have to login again and relaunch everything. Any ideas why this is happening/what to do to fix it?

Reaction score
any particular data-entering that you're doing?

I assume you've tried a re-installation of excel/office?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
If you are using Office 2008, have you upgraded to version 12.2.1?

Reaction score
Excel is crashing my Mac too

Hi
I just upgraded to Snow Leopard last night, and I must say, I'm a bit dismayed. I've been a hostage to the crash problem you described, Brandit.

I'm using Office 2004 for Mac, 11.5.5. and I don't know who to be mad at -- Gates or Jobs.

I don't want to upgrade Office (I've tried the newer version and don't like it) and I don't know where/how to let Apple know about the problems. I've already been crashed about 5x so far today.

The trouble happens when I am entering numbers into cells in Excel. Suddenly the keyboard freezes (doesn't matter if it's my laptop MBP Intel Mac or the wireless bluetooth keyboard) and my computer stops all processes, the blue screen appears, and any unsaved work is gone and all applications stop. The computer turns itself on again, thankfully, and most applications reboot to their previous settings.

That's all I can think of that appears.

Any input gratefully accepted. And if anyone knows where to share this information with Apple I'd like to tell them. The other strange thing about these crashes is that the "report to Apple" option never becomes available.

Thanks, anyone with guidance.

All the best,
Badger13

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.