Looking for NAS recommendation

Reaction score
I'm looking to centralized my music library on a NAS that would be accessed via MAC's and PC's. What products have you used? What were the caveats?
Thx in advanced.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" uMBP: iPhone 4
I am looking for one too. I was looking at a Lacie or a Buffalo.

However I would like one with RAID support.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
I have a D-Link DNS-323 which has an iTunes server built in, and has RAID 1 support. It also houses an FTP server for moving files while away from home. It has 2 SATA hard drive bays and I have a pair of 500's in it right now. I have used it for over a year without issue.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I also have a DNS-323, great little box. Just don't put Seagate 7200.11 drives in it. Since I switched over to WDs, it's been flawless.

The iTunes server is pretty much seamless, it also does FTP and Bittorrent. It's not pricey and an entire hacking community has grown up around it to expand it's capabilities. Excellent little device, with Gigabit Ethernet and a print server to boot!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I will second WD's World Book months with no issues and if your using DNLA
off of a PS3 or newer Blu-Ray player it works great.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I have a Netgear ReadyNAS NV+ and it works great. The NVX replaces this model, so that's a little better. It's a 4-bay NAS that has all the various streaming services, allows you to add software so that I have Transmission bittorrent client running.

It also supports the full compliment of connection protocols, NFS, SMB/CIFS, AFP so Linux, Windows and Macs are all set.

Regards

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.