Macbook Screen Broken

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My girlfriend by accident has dropped my macbook down the stairs. GUTTED! Anyway I cannot claim of her house insurance as the macbook is in my name and it is not hers :(

I have been told it is going to cost around £400 for a replacement screen. But the screen itself is fine with no damage it is only the plastic/glass surround, which is cracked. Is there an easy way of replacing this or a cheap way?

I have attached a picture of how the screen is now. :[
Imageshack - p1010334b
p1010334b.jpg

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hi everyone,

My girlfriend by accident has dropped my macbook down the stairs. GUTTED! Anyway I cannot claim of her house insurance as the macbook is in my name and it is not hers :(

I have been told it is going to cost around £400 for a replacement screen. But the screen itself is fine with no damage it is only the plastic/glass surround, which is cracked. Is there an easy way of replacing this or a cheap way?

WOW!...are you saying your MacBook was dropped down the stairs, and the only damage was cosmetic!!!...but otherwise fully functional?

That's certainly very very lucky....some folks just drop their MacBook onto the floor, or it gets bumped off a table...and the MacBook refuses to work.

Good luck on the repairs,

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
Yeap it is all fully functional although the cd drive is a little louder now but still works :D

Hopefully someone can point in the right direction

Reaction score
check under her home insurance.
the fact that the laptop is yours isn't likely to affect the insurance; it's more likely the fact that you dropped it, as opposed to some burglar raiding your house.

Reaction score
Isn't your girlfriend insured for contingencies such as damage to a third party item?

OP
M
Reaction score
No we tried everything and because I dont live in the same house and the insurance is under her mums name they wont pay a thing :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.