Don't Know What Happened to iBook..

I

iDVFH.

I was just surfing the web and d/ling music on my iBook and then I decided to plug my iPod shuffle into my USb port..almost as soon as I plugged it in a message popped up saying I had to restart my computer in like 4 different languages, by pressing the power button or the restart button..Was this related with my iPod shuffle or something else..never had a problem so I don't know what it was :eek:neye:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
That was a Kernal Panic. Unless it keeps happening its not much to worry about right now.

Try repairing your permissions

OP
I

iDVFH.

when you mean repair permissions. utilities>disk utility>repair permissions..and then im done? what is a kernal panic?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
OP
T

Thud

iDVFH. said:
I was just surfing the web and d/ling music on my iBook and then I decided to plug my iPod shuffle into my USb port..almost as soon as I plugged it in a message popped up saying I had to restart my computer in like 4 different languages, by pressing the power button or the restart button..Was this related with my iPod shuffle or something else..never had a problem so I don't know what it was :eek:neye:

The mac version of the Blue Screen of Death.

It happens.

Don't worry about it unless it happens consistently.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I haven't gotten one (Switched July 03)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
iDVFH. said:
Does everyone get at least 1 Kernal Panic in their lifetime? lol /=

I only ever got one, but that was when my iPod went south. I got the iPod replaced (APP is awesome) and haven't had one since.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.