Semi-Dead Pixel Type of Thing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz, Ibook G4 1.33ghz, Powerbook Lombard 333mhz
Every so often when I log onto my Ibook I notice a few black dots on the dock. Thinking they were dead pixels I did a test and it didnt seem like they were dead but then I found out that the black dot only appear on the dock. When I removed the dock the black dots were on my background but then when I turned the dock on they came back shortly after. Does anyone know what these are? And why there only affecting my dock?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Where in the dock are they located? When applications are running, there are small black triangles located beneath the running application dock icons, but it would be difficult to mistake these for dead pixels.

OP
oldnews
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh no I dont consider the triangles under the apps dead pixels these dots are usually under the applications and then when its open the black dot blends in because of the triangle being there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
oldnews said:
Oh no I dont consider the triangles under the apps dead pixels these dots are usually under the applications and then when its open the black dot blends in because of the triangle being there.

I see. Would you be able to take and post a screen shot of the dots?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
Padawan said:
I see. Would you be able to take and post a screen shot of the dots?
ooooo dude soooo do it :batman:

OP
oldnews
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
When I take a screen shot of the dock using the Command, Shift, 4, Spacebar way I can take the shot but when I opened it, the dock was totally white didnt have any icons and only showed the triangle under the open program and the two dots.

Ive attached an image of what I get for the dock. Anyone know of a way to take a picture of the dock without having this happen. Anyways you can see the two black dots on this one.

View attachment Picture 1.pdf

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Try using grab.

Applications->Utilities->Grab. There's a few different ways of taking screenshots in there...

C

crisrose

a screenshot will not show up faults in the manufacture of the LCD screen - you'll have to take a photo of it if it really is the screen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
crisrose said:
a screenshot will not show up faults in the manufacture of the LCD screen - you'll have to take a photo of it if it really is the screen

What this member is describing doesn't sound like a fault in the display itself, since it only seems to occur when the Dock is present.

S

Subzero3886

There are some problems with my friend's ibook, white blotches are always on the screen in one area, but it seems to spread

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.