13" MBP temperature readings

Reaction score
Hi, i was just wondering if this was an appropriate temperature reading for my macbook pro. My brothers is usually 5-10 degrees Celsius lower than mine. I think this is because of the bodyguardz i've thrown over my macbook to prevent scratches. It seems to act like an insulator...but i'd like to know what you guys think:)

Picture 1.png

Reaction score
At what point were these temps taken, idle or after gaming, or video editing?

Wich model are we talking about?

Reaction score
I always thought that would be the case, logically.
If it conducts less well than the aluminium, then it's not going to let the laptop cool as efficiently, but it will shut down automatically before it suffers any harm, so I guess you don't need to worry quite yet.

OP
J
Reaction score
These temperatures were taken on normal usage (i.e web browsing, youtube, iTunes). I don't normally game so I don't think i'm giving my cpu a workout. I think the problem lies with the bodyguard i've thrown over my mac. It feels as though its trapping heat inside....what do you think?

Btw, i'm using the 13" Macbook pro.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Nothing wrong with those temps at all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.