very weird problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" Macbook Pro 4GB ram 160GB HD/8GB iPod touch 1G/iPod Classic 120 GB
So I opened iTunes about 15 minutes ago, went to play a song and noticed something. Under shared there was a file named "Kali's limewire tunes"(Kali is my sister) and I have no idea how it could have gotten there. My sister claims she hasn't touched my computer, but i don't see how that could just pop up on its own. It won't even let me delete the music so I don't know what to do. Is my sister a liar or is this some weird freak problem with my computer?

edit: I think this might be why but I'm not sure, your input?
"iTunes can also look for shared libraries on your network and display them in iTunes."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
Does you sister have a Mac/PC too? It sounds like she installed Limewire and has her iTunes library 'shared'. When you select this option, other users on the same network can see your library and access content.

You can have this disabled by doing the following:

1) Open iTunes preferences
2) Go to the 'Sharing' option
3) Disable the 'Look for shared libraries' option
4) Go apologize to your sister for yelling at her :)

Note, step 4 is optional.

OP
macgirl2423
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" Macbook Pro 4GB ram 160GB HD/8GB iPod touch 1G/iPod Classic 120 GB
thanks I think I will.

Reaction score
edit: I think this might be why but I'm not sure, your input?
"iTunes can also look for shared libraries on your network and display them in iTunes."

This is what I think the problem is. When I was living in a dorm room, everyone on campus shared the same system obviously... If you have the shared libraries open you can listen to everyone else's itunes. You could also download them, which was 'forbidden' (like it stopped anyone).

Do you and your sister share the same internet wirelessly? That's just my take though. All you'd have to do is turn sharing off.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.