restarted - stuck at a blue screen

Reaction score
I woke up this morning, and went to wake my computer (I never turn it off, just put it on sleep mode)
And I tried to type my password, but It wouldn't type certain letters, like e and k, though when I pressed them the flashing "|" bar would freeze indicating the computer was recognizing that I was pressing a key.
I restarted my computer by holding the button in the back, but instead of starting up again, I was stuck at a blue (I think that was the color) screen, and in the middle of the screen was the icon for my hard drive. To the left of it was a restart icon and to the right was an arrow. Eventually my cursor went from "loading" to an arrow and I clicked the right icon. From then It started to load and I could type my password and get back into the computer, no problems.

I put it to sleep and could log in fine afterwards for a couple times.

Then It was left to sleep for a few hours, and when trying to wake it I had the exact same problem, and the exact same keys weren't working.

I have an iMacG5 with Tiger

Does anyone know what this is? How can I prevent this from happening?

Reaction score
Juliya, do you have a lot of items launching at startup?

System Preferences>>Accounts>>Login Items.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.