PC connecting to Time Capsule

Reaction score
I am trying to get my PC computers (with vista) hook up to my time capsule. The PC picks up the wifi network just fine. However the PC is failing to pick up the time capsule as a device. This is keeping me from accessing my music and movie files that I keep on the hard drive of the time capsule. Could someone tell me how I can get my PCs to connect to the hard drive of the time capsule?
Thanks alot much appreciated

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
It's pretty straightforward. Have a look at this thread:

Can Windows see the Time Capsule disk? [Archive] - Mac Forums

Note, to be on the safe side, you may want to install the software that comes with TimeCapsule. This essentially installs the AirPort Utility as well as Bonjour (Apple's networking protocol/technology). I personally have never had to do this and my Windows machines (before I got rid of them) could see my external disks connected via AEBS just fine. TimeCapsule is not all that different than my setup, it simply has the drive internal to the router not external.

Also, making sure that your Mac and Windows boxes are in the same WINS Workgroup is usually the key to this sort of setup.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.