Switching Windows

Reaction score
When browsing in Opera, occasionally a new window opens instead of a new tab, or in Word if I have two documents open at the same time, they are open in two different windows. Is there an easy keyboard shortcut to use that switches between the two windows? On a PC, I think it was ALT+TAB. I know that I can 4-finger swipe on the trackpad, but I'd prefer to be able to do it without moving from the keyboard. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
To switch between different windows within the same application, it's Cmd + ~ (that's the tilde key, right above the Tab key). To switch between different applications, it's Cmd + Tab.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.6, i7, 8G Ram, OS X 10.10, iPhone 6 Plus
Thanks Kash, I needed that as well.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Thank you, been looking for that command since I began using a Mac. Is there a site that lists all of these shortcuts so that I can keep it as a handy reference. Most of the time, I don't know WHAT I'm searching for..;)

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Thank you, been looking for that command since I began using a Mac. Is there a site that lists all of these shortcuts so that I can keep it as a handy reference. Most of the time, I don't know WHAT I'm searching for..;)

Regards

Yes, here is a list of shortcuts.

And a sometimes handy shortcut that I don't think is on that list is cmd + shift + ] to move to the next tab to the right in Safari. And if you want to move to the previous one to the left cmd + shift + [
No idea if it works in other web browsers that use tabs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.