new iMac + Linksys Wireless-G

Reaction score
I just purchased a new iMac and am trying to set it up with my Linksys Wireless-G {I have it connected via Ethernet for the time being} I go to http://192.168.1.1/ on my browser and am trying to setup a secured wireless network but am having trouble. Is there a site to help go over how to set it up and does anyone have any information. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
Hi, welcome to the forums.

A good place to start would be the sticky FAQ on wireless networking in this particular forum:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/airport-networking-wireless-technology/68784-wireless-networking-faq.html

The next place to look would be the documentation that came with your router. A word to the wise, always be sure to upgrade to the latest firmware for your router if there are no know compatibility issues. The Cisco/Linksys support page should have the documentation for your particular model.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
Also, when posting be sure to post the following:

1) The machine specifications you are having issues with. This should include things like:
a) Make (particularly the year)
b) Model
c) Memory, hard drive space
d) OS version (eg 10.5, 10.4 etc)

You can generally find most of this information by clicking on the Apple Menu Selection in the top left corner of your screen and then click 'About this Mac'

2) The exact issue you are having with any error messages/status indicators.

3) The exact model of external hardware you may be having an issue with.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.