Trackpad problems....

D

dgheba

I read the report on the new trackpad for the 12' and 15' powerbooks. I happen to have just purchased a new 15' and have noticed that sometimes the trackpad doesnt respond for a second.....and ive noticed that in Firefox side scrolling goes back a page, even when accidentally side scrolling...

1) should i seek a replacement for the sometimes unresponsive track pad?
2) How do i tell firefox not to go back and forward due to side scrolling, which is a rediculous feature anyway

OP
D

Desolate One

You most likely want to take it into the Apple store. See what they say at the genius bar.
Firefox is just that way. You'll have to disable side scrolling in your system prefs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
some times in the middle of it, it goes really slowly

OP
F

flyingpostman

I find that most of the problems associated with the trackpad (on mine anyway) is that I find that one of my other fingers are slightly touching the pad and then it seems unresponsive (when scrolling you other finger tends to hover close to the pad all the time). Turn off the click/side scroll feature. The firefox example is a good one. Its just annoying unless you have the innate ability to drag two fingers perfectly vertical. I find the finger tap click very harsh on your fingers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
PowerBookG4 said:
some times in the middle of it, it goes really slowly
You might want to try sidetrack's acceleration features then:

OS X's trackpad speed settings are a bit lacking for some people - sidetrack adds more acceleration and general tracking speed controls...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.6 ghz G5, Dual Monitors / 17" PowerBook 1.33 / 12" iBook
I have found that if something else gets on the pad, weird things can happen. My cat likes to drop a hair or two on the trackpad and I can see jumpiness and such. A har, eyelash, etc... can cause weird stuff.

Whenever my trackpad acts up I just brush it off and that clears it up.

Jerry

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.