start up disk problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Aluminum 2.0ghz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD + 1TB External HD
i'm so tired of pushing option key.. i never saw Macintosh HD on the startup disk options.. anyone resolved this? waaaaaaaa... any ideas? :(

i have 2 partitions, windows and mac...

Picture 2.png

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
uh oh. You are exhibiting symptoms of diskbrick-itis. Mac can't find your startup disk. Time for a new hard drive. Hopefully you have a Time Machine backup.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Take it you are using Leopard or Tiger as your post does not say and it does help.

Pop in the install; DVD and reboot, holding down 'C". If all goes well, go to utilities and Disk Utility and run Repair Disk and see what is reported. Keep us posted?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Aluminum 2.0ghz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD + 1TB External HD
Yes I am using Leopard. Okay I'll try it. Thanks!

Uhm. I have a question, If I do this..
Disk Utility> Fujitsu> Partition tab> Volume Scheme - 1 partition > Apply

will this erase everything and will turn my mac to like a brand new mac? lol. coz I can't use bootcamp, it says i have to format the volume or somethin.. what do you think? or there's another way?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
When you boot holding down 'C', go into Disk Utility and run Repair Disk Let's see what that has to say first up before you go partitioning and wiping everything. Maybe the drive has failed, maybe it has not.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.