Is it possible to backup data from Time Machine

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.4GHz C2D 2GB RAM 250GB HDD Mac OS X-10.5.8, Apple iPod nano 8GB Black
Hi friends,

I have done a catastrophic mistake. I wanted to restore my MBP from my time machine backup, but mistakenly, I clicked delete the external disk option and it deleted the volume name. But, within seconds I realised, and stopped its action from wiping my time machine backup.

But, when I booted my mac and attached my time machine backup, it was showing nothing! O:) .

But, it did wiping for just 30-40 secs. But there is no volume name in it, such as Time Machine backup....

Would it be possible to recover my Time machine backup. Because, I didn't leave it for long time. I believe, It just wiped the partition tables.

Please respond, as it contains my important files.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yes, it's possible to recover but it may cost the price of buying special software. Data Rescue II is what I would try. Download their trial version and if it works for you, pay the $99.00 registration fee.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.