Convert a sequence of images to APNG animation?

Reaction score
I only have an APNG editor firefox plugin, and it sucks. It can only load one image at a time, and you have to set the delay for each one individually.

There's a web-hosted tool for it on the APNG website, but the server doesn't accept large sequences.

There's also a windows app for TGA files to APNG, but it is for windows. So, any alternatives? A script, maybe?

EDIT: Argh, I so far have not received one response to anything anywhere on the forums. But for those interested, I found a command line script called Japng, which runs on javascript and can convert a series of images to an animated PNG file IF it's got a text file in the same directory stating the filenames. Such a file can be generated like so:

Code:
ls <directory with the files>/*.png > files

And that should generate a .txt file. then in terminal type this:

Code:
java -jar japng.jar -frames files -display <frame delay you want in milliseconds> -out <output filename>

If you're using opera or firefox, you should be able to see this PNG animation:

Animated_PNG_by_ShnitzelKiller.png

Great to have anti-aliased alpha borders, because GIFs only support two alpha values, opaque or completely transparent.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.