No Volume on Macbook Pro - Issue?

Reaction score
I muted my computer last night and today can't get the volume to work. I have a Macbook Pro running OSx 10.5.8

When I press the volume button, the level meter indicates the volume is all the way up, but below the level meter, there is a circle with a slash through it, indicating the volume is off. Granted, it is muted, but I have pressed the mute button several times, to see it go from on to off with still no volume.

I have restarted and cleared my PRAM and RAM.

Anyone know of this issue or how to fix?

Thank You

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Seem to recall this coming up before and the suggestion was to push the 3.5 mm jack in and out of audio plug a bit as sometime the contacts do not reseat when the plug is removed

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Make sure mute is off in all three positions: Output, Input, and Sound Effects. The only other thing to check is the headphone jack which sometimes can get stuck on or even in digital mode.

Regards.

OP
L
Reaction score
Seem to recall this coming up before and the suggestion was to push the 3.5 mm jack in and out of audio plug a bit as sometime the contacts do not reseat when the plug is removed

This did it, oddly. Thanks for the help guys.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.