Magic Jack on Mac Mini

Reaction score
Hey Everybody, I'm thinking about getting a MJ for the mini but I've learned that if the mac sleeps, the phone is inoperable. so my first question, will the MJ work immediately after the mac is booted back up or do i have to disconnect then reconnect it? Will leaving the mini on all day harm it (i have an aftermarket monitor which would be turned off when the mac is idle)? thanks guys

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
see sig...
I have a friend that bought the Magic Jack. Plain and simple...it isn't worth it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Will leaving the mini on all day harm it
No. UNIX-based operating systems like OS X are designed and intended to be up and running 24x7.

There is little need to turn off or even sleep a Mac running OS X.

Reaction score
How about if you live in the lightening capital of the world?

Reaction score
Strange situation with magic jack.I have one running on my imac and if imac goes to sleep on its own through energy preference setting the magic jack will work fine with dial tone.If you choose to put imac to sleep through the apple menu,when you wake it up you get no dialtone on magicjack and you have to unplug and replug to get one.
Can anyone explain this oddity?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.