txt message problem

Reaction score
Hi everyone i have just got the iphone 2g it is unlocked so it has my orange sim card in it.

When people send me txts sometimes they come right through and other times they are like and hour or more after they have sent it, has anyone else had this problem, i have full signal where i am so dont know why they are taking so long to come through for, never had the problem till i got this phone all others have worked fine.

Angela

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Not only have I had that problem, but have seen times when texts just plain were not sent through.

The issue is likely not your phone but rather different cell companies Networks. The more repeaters a cell company saturates a given area with, the more through put their network has for voice and data. When a geographic area of a network becomes saturated with users, that network slows down, while other networks may continue to move along based on the availability of bandwidth. Depending on where you and the other person are and if you are on the same network, this can go from slightly slow to never delivered pretty fast. Most networks can throttle their bandwidth up to meet higher user demand a peak hours but as the receivers become bogged down, the network can still slow down.

As an example, 3 members of my family live in the same home on the same cell network (AT&T). We can text with no issues on Friday night. The 4th member lives on/near a college campus and is on a different cell company (T-Mobile). Texts between AT&T and the T-Mobile are often lost because the college campus becomes geographically saturated on the T-Mobile network due to a lack of repeaters AND the high number of users. As such texts get dropped first to protect the integrity of voice communications and to keep the network running. While this is happening, others who use another cell company (Verizon) have no issues because Verizon has saturated the geographic area with repeaters and provides better bandwidth throughput to it's customers. In that specific location, AT&T falls somewhere between Verizon and T-Mobile in the number of repeater but has far better service/coverage than T-Mobile does.

Or, it could be your phone. Keep an eye on it.

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks for you reply, i dont think it is that, as I have never had one problem and I have been with Orange for 2 and half years now.

I have tried ringing the Iphine from our landline and it goes to answer machine even though I have a signal, and it says orannge network so the phone it unlocked.
I can ring people from the phone and txt them but noone seems to be able to contact me, I get the messages sometimes, when I try ringing someone I tend to get a few messages then.
I have no idea what it could be

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I've had that issue too. I simply blame AT&Ts **** poor service though as I've had it happen with other AT&T phones. It could also be a case of network saturation or of network degradation where you are at any given time.

OP
A
Reaction score
well i went to restore the phone and because it was unlocked it crashed on boot up, so i unlocked it again and now it seems fine again, i have a few people txt me and they have come right through and also the battery is lasting longer, before it only lasted about 4 hours and that was fully charged and i didnt use it just didnt last long, seems better now.

I have got older firmware on there because it is working though i am going to leave it as it is, i dont know if i upgrade the firmware if it will lock it back to 02 again.

thanks for the help
Angela

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.