Malware removal on a Mac Book Pro

Reaction score
Hi, I just purchased a new Mac Book Pro. I'm excited for the fact that it will less likely to get infected with malwares; but just in case that happens in the future, I would like to know how can I deal with this problem; any help on this subject will be appreciated.
Therese

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Aside from a couple of easily avoided trojans, there is literally no other Malware for Mac at the moment. In those rare cases you encounter a trojan, there are readily available tutorials that advise you on how to remove it. Alternatively, you can down the free iAntiVirus or ClamXAV. For the most part, a little common sense (like only downloading programs from reputable sites) will keep your Mac running clean.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Also, since this isn't a question or comment about the site itself, I'm moving it to the correct forum.

OP
T
Reaction score
Hi cwa107, Thanks for your instant reply, I'll keep these two programs in mind , just in case :).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
You will likely forget those apps even exist by the time that something might actually require them. And they'll be dead and gone, would be my guess.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.