About Snow Leopard's license

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Aluminum Macbook, 2GB's of RAM and 250GB HDD
Hello guys,

In the past few days I was suggested by a friend of mine that we should group up (we're 5 guys with Macbooks) and buy one of Snow Leopard's family pack.

The thing is, that pack is supposed to support 5 users, our question is that if the pack comes with five licenses or just one special license that supports the said five users. If the latter is the case, could any of you guys help us figure out whether that's a pro or a con and how?

Thanks in advance.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Note: Moved thread to appropriate forum.

Also, a Family Pack is for a "Family" in the same household. It is NOT a "5 guys with Macbooks" pack. This would be an abuse of the License and EULA you agree to when purchasing/installing.

Why do that, when SL is only $29 as an upgrade from Leopard already?

Do you people really want Apple to start instituting the drudge of activation MS and/or others use to prevent the theft/stealing of their software?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And you can just bet if you illegally purchased the one disc, you would not have it handy when you need it most for troubleshooting.

Buy your own as it is the best utility about.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
see sig...
Perhaps he is of the sort where family is much more than blood. I can relate to that. There are a few people that I would consider family even though they are of no relation. Ergo we tend to to family things in any regard, such as family passes to parks.

From Wiki:
Family denotes a group of people or animals (many species form the equivalent of a human family wherein the adults care for the young) affiliated by a consanguinity, affinity or co-residence. Although the concept of consanguinity originally referred to relations by "blood," anthropologists[who?] have argued that one must understand the idea of "blood" metaphorically, and that many societies understand 'family' through other concepts rather than through genetic distance.

It would stand to reason that although he may call them friends on here, they are indeed family, and the EULA on the family pack would apply.

Food for thought :D

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
No, it's not food for thought. We do not live in some other society. And "5 guys" do not a family in the same household make.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
No, it's not food for thought. We do not live in some other society. And "5 guys" do not a family in the same household make.

Agree 100% with Bobtomay on both his posts. Family in Apples terms is legal family. I have family that is not blood, but they are not family in what apple made the family pack for.

And at $29 for the upgrade, it's much better to have your own DVD in case something goes wrong unless you all live as a Family under one roof anyway.

Apple is to me quite generous as it is allowing a member of the family away at School to even be included in the Family Pack Licensing. Lets not push it and get them mad. I don't want to some day have Apple Activation. That would make me violent! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.