Parallels after Boot Camp

Reaction score
I have recently installed Windows 7 RC using Boot Camp. Everything works great. However, I recently got Parallels and have read that it is possible to set up a virtual machine using my installed copy of Windows 7 on the Boot Camp partition. However, I can't seem to find instructions on how to accomplish this. I don't want to inadvertently "double-up" and have two copies of Windows 7 on my computer.

When I run Parallels Desktop, it's asking me for the disk image or the CD where Windows 7 is located. Do I need to go through this whole process again or can it just somehow find my partition and set it up properly? If so, how do I do this?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook4,1 2.4Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 160GB HD OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard | iPod Touch 16gb 2G
The best (and probably only) way to do it would be to delete your windows partition using the boot camp assistant utility and then just follow the parallels manual.

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
VMWare Fusion also can convert your BootCamp partition to a virtual machine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.