macbook pro 15" screen problem

Reaction score
The other day i turned on my laptop only to hear the sound of the machine starting(the welcome tone) but no image. If i leave the computer on it will become very hot, yet still no image. so i tried letting the batter die completely then recharged it. turned it on the following day and it worked fine, when i was done doing my normal operations i closed the lid(as i normally do for later use) and went about my day. came back to it several hours opened the lid only to find the screen would not turn on again. So i tried the same thing last night till today but no screen. any ideas??

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
The other day i turned on my laptop only to hear the sound of the machine starting(the welcome tone) but no image. If i leave the computer on it will become very hot, yet still no image. so i tried letting the batter die completely then recharged it. turned it on the following day and it worked fine, when i was done doing my normal operations i closed the lid(as i normally do for later use) and went about my day. came back to it several hours opened the lid only to find the screen would not turn on again. So i tried the same thing last night till today but no screen. any ideas??

This may seen silly...but is the brightness on your laptop display turned all the way down?

- Nick

Reaction score
Myself.

I thought I had lost my screen when the problem was that the brightness was all the way down. Cheap fix.

OP
N
Reaction score
i wish that were the case....... because it worked right off the bat when it was turned on the other day, it was the first thing i checked

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Make sure you try adjusting the brightness with and without the fn key.

If it's a no-go, give Apple a call.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Home-Macbook 13" Work-G5
I'm having a similar problem with my 13". I turn the Macbook on, and I can tell that it's running, but no screen. I noticed that with the light just right, I could see the picture on the screen, it just has no backlighting. To make things more confusing, if you slowly close the screen, when you get to a certain angle, the screen lights up, but it will only stay lit when the screen is a one particular angle, nearly closed. Has anybody seen anything like this before?

(Moderators: I hope I'm not breaking forum rules, I'm not trying to threadjack, if I need to start another thread I will.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.