Time Machine compatible HDD

Reaction score
Hey guys just made the switch to a macbook pro on 8/17/09 Before i go to college im looking for a portable HDD that will work with the "time machine". I dont need anything huge my computers HD is 250gb. So something arround that size for backups, and occasionall storage of files. I am in college so price is $150 max. I was looking at the WD 320gb on apples store, but are the rumors of WD being crap true? so anyone drop your $.02 and let me know.

Finally how do i get the mail app in the dashboard to work with my current email provider (yahoo) ive tried setting it up a few times but it keeps "rejecting".

Thanks so much guys!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
As far as I know, any HDD will work with Time Machine. The one I have is a Fantom GreenDrive (1 TB of space) and, if I remember correctly, it cost less than $100.

As for the Mail thing, I don't know how to help you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I think you have to have the Yahoo premium (paid) service to access Yahoo mail from other Mail Apps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.