Apple Educational Store - iPod Touch Offer ends Sept. 8th

Reaction score
You'll all know that Apple's currently enticing students to buy a MacBook/Pro for university by offering huge discounts on iPods when bought with them through the education store.

What I find interesting, however, is that this offer ends on September 8th - the day before the keynote speech, during which we anticipate the announcement of some new iPods and additions to iTunes.

I just wonder why Apple is ending the offer - in an attempt to sell off as much of their soon-to-be last generation stock as possible? Or perhaps because the new iPods will not be economically viable to give away? Or (and I really hope this is the case, although there is not a jot of evidence to suggest that this will happen) because they're going to drop the price of the current stock of MacBooks/Pro or upgrade them in some way?

Thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Selling off current stock to make way for the new lineup is generally the reason Apple has done this for the last several years.

Reaction score
that would make the most sense..

or it could just mean that people are already in school by then

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.