• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Blue Screen of Death?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Jefe3223 said:
I'm sorry for re-awakening this thread, but I need to annouce that my roommate has just recieved the MSxp Blue Screen Of Death... He was using word and it just, bam! Hilarious...luckily eveything came back.

Opps! One of those!

With XP I rarely ever see a blue screen. Back in the 98SE and even worse, ME days, I got them all the time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 GHZ/2GB/320GB/Leopard
Apple told me the blue screen of death is caused by a logitech download. Said there are 4 things needed to be removed for it...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Er...this thread is 2.5 years old.

And OS X has a kernel panic. If you're talking about the BSOD it's usually generated by errors with the way the hardware is handled, so it doesn't destroy anything. And BSOD is a Windows thing.

Reaction score
I was wondering about this whole "blue screen" thing. Okay, so MAC OS X background is a cool blue colour which is called the "blue screen of life", but what exactly does the windows "blue screen of death" look like? Does it even exist in XP? I remember being young on Windows 95, if I pulled out a cd before letting a game finish, I would get a blue screen, is that it?

Any screenshots of this screen?

i have been using xp since it came out, and leave my computer on 24/7, and i have never seen a blue screen of death

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2 Ghz 2GB Ram 120 GB HD
so i used quick launch to view my pc on the network and i got this... Does anyone else think this is funny?!

Blue Screen of Death??.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.