SDHC Reader recomendations?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2008 MacBook Pro- 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB memory upgrade
I need to buy a new card reader since my old one is not compatible with my new SDHC cards I bought. Anyone have any suggestions on one that works well? I have looked online (amazon, newegg etc.) and have seen a lot of reviews saying that some readers are not really SDHC compatible though they are marketed as such and it made me nervous. I don't want to have to return one so if anyone has any insight please let me know! Thanks :)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I'm using the Transcend 8GB SDHC cards in my cameras.

Amazon.com: Transcend 8 GB SDHC Class 6 Flash Memory Card TS8GSDHC6: Electronics

Just bought this reader a couple weeks ago.

Amazon.com: BlueProton USB 2.0 6-in-1 Single Slot Memory Card Reader Writer for SD SDHC MiniSD MMC rsMMC (BLACK): Electronics

Had a special at the time, it was free with the card. Think it took maybe 3-4 days delivery. No issues thus far, and the end cap slides back on with the card in the reader for storage if you want.

Have another similar style reader that works, but not single slot like this one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.