Mini Displayport to DVI (dual link) disrupts airport on umbp

Reaction score
Hello,

So I've looked all over forums and google and have not yet found an answer. Perhaps someone here is going through the same pains as I am.

I've got the new 2009 15" MacBook Pro MC118LL/A which has got 2.53ghz, 4gb ram, 250gb hdd, so on and so forth.

Well I've got a mini displayport to dvi converter from eforcity.com and whenever I plug it in, my airport stops working. No more internet, no more airport connection, nothing. The external monitor works fine, no problem except that no more internet. Anyone else having this problem?

Apparently whenever I put the computer the sleep the internet kicks up again but as soon as I wake my computer it stops working once more.

I haven't tried it with the official apple cable, though I'm sure it'll work, but just wondering if there was a fix. And I've tried two of these cables from eforcity (they sent a replacement) and both have failed to work.

Any suggestions, tips, comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.