MacBook Pro Alum Uni-body- Problems Detecting HDTV through Mini-displayport

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 MBP w/ i7, 4GB DDR3, 500GB ATA, Snow 10.6.3, and iPhone 3G
Hello

I've purchased the Monoprice HDMI to Mini-displayport adapter and hooked it up to my Mackbook Pro Alum Unibody. Upon initial attempt it work wonderfully. Afterwards, nothing. I've been completely unable to figure out what went wrong. No settings via my LG LCD TV or my Macbook Pro have been altered. It simply quit detecting the Notebook or vice versa. Could this be a simple hardware issue with the adapter? Possibly something larger with my notebook or TV? Any help would be wonderful. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in Unibody Macbook Pro Rev. F (2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4GB RAM)
The only experience I've had with HDMI and display port is by using a DVI-HDMI adapter, on the end of a DVI cable that then goes into the MiniDisplayPort-DVI adapter (phew!)

And I've never suffered an issue like the one you've described.

If the Macbook and the TV are still functioning fine, apart from the lack of detection, then my money would be on a faulty adapter or, less likely, a faulty HDMI cable...

OP
devlinrose
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
In terms of hardware I don't foresee it being my notebook or TV. Both are less then a year old. I've tried using multiple HDMI 1.3 cables. In addition to my several attempts, my housemate used her older Macbook Pro via HDMI to DVI cord to the TV and it worked fine.

It's beginning to sound more like a faulty adapter unless anyone else has more information to help troubleshoot the problem.

OP
devlinrose
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've since purchased a new adapter and updated Snow Leopard and have not had the same issue again. This could also be in part to reseting the SMC and ⌘+Option+P+R at restart. Everything is working great!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.