Final Cut Serial number not valid.

Reaction score
Hello,

I installed Final Cut Studio 2.0 since 5 months approximately, installation was successful, everything worked fine.
A couple of weeks ago I tried to open some applications (google earth, skype), on the Dock, but a grey "?" appeared instead of the icon. I searched on Finder, but the programs were gone. This happened to me before, and I just downloaded them again. I noticed this happened when I did not use the applications for a while.
Just to make sure Final Cut was still working, I started the program, but - surprise! it asks under 'licensing' for the user information. I enter everything, but then it says Serial Number NOT VALID. The serial number is the same I used to install the program. Final Cut is in the Applications folder, and all of its components are there too, it just won't let me run it.

I appreciate any help or advice on how to solve my problem,

Thanks!!! :)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Where did you get the serial number?

If you have a legitimate copy of Final Cut, you'll probably need to call Apple for them to sort it out.

If you do not have a legitimate copy, we can't help you here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.