Different Sim Detected?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20" 2GB/250GB; MacBook 2.0GHz - 1Gb/80GB; iPod (video)60Gb
I bought the 3g iPhone on it's UK launch and gave my original iPhone to my wife, after swapping the SIM cards over, and all was fine. When the 3gs came out, I gave my wife the 3g and again swapped out he SIMs. The problem is, on four occasions since the, an error message has appeared on her iPhone "Wrong SIM detected - please connect to iTunes". Once verified on iTunes, the 3gworks fine again - until the next time the message appears - usually at the most inconvenient moment!

Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening and how to correct it?

NB after the 3rd time I did a full factory reset on the 3g, but this obviously did not do the trick?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
?? - Still have the original iPhone here. I'd give the carrier a call. Surely they would know if there is some incompatibility between the sims in the two phones.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.