using my muvotx fm mp3 player

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
ok, i love my ibook but i'm not ready to take the plunge with an ipod yet. I'm using my trusty creative muvo tx fm mp3 player; on my pc it was simply drag and drop for the most part. I seem to be having a difficult time doing that with itunes. When I ripped my music using itunes, I ripped in mp3 format so I could load up my player. I know that creative doesn't support aac format. When I plug the player into my ibook it recognizes it and I am able to navigate through some folders.

My question is how do I import music to my player? I assume it's possible and it might be something I'm overlooking.

Thanks

btw this is the playercreative muvo tx fm 256mb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Well if you are able to view the folders then find the folder where music is stored and drag music from your iTunes folder (Your User Name/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music Library) into the folder

OP
BigBear
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
hm... i still don't think i get it. sorry if i sound dumb :dummy: . where do i create the folders for the music that i want? am i doing all of this in the itunes application? is it as simple as copying and pasting the songs that I want into a folder?

thanks again

** it seems files have this tag .m4p does this matter?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
m4p is AAC.

If there is music already on the muvo from your pc you should be able to go through the folders on your iBook and find where that music is stored and then just drag and drop the music from the folder on your computer where the music is stored into that folder

You won't use anything in iTunes for this (except the ripping of music)

D

Desolate One

BigBear said:
hm... i still don't think i get it. sorry if i sound dumb :dummy: . where do i create the folders for the music that i want? am i doing all of this in the itunes application? is it as simple as copying and pasting the songs that I want into a folder?

thanks again

** it seems files have this tag .m4p does this matter?

When you connect your Muvo does OS X mount it as it would a removable drive? If so then open it up in finder and drag your songs there.

Yes, your Muvo can only support songs in Mp3 format. Looks like you've been importing music in Apple's AAC format which uses the .m4p extension.

OP
BigBear
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
doh! i could have swore that I changed my preferences to rip in mp3 format! thanks for the help, i'll try that and see if it work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.