Time Capsule Reset?

Reaction score
I have a Time Capsule, and I leave my house for about an hour, and I come back and try to connect to the internet and I see there is none, wirelessly. I check my Time Capsule, and the amber light is blinking. I connect to it with an ethernet cable, and it asks me if I want to set it up. I have backed up my computer and I have a bunch of other files on it I would prefer not to lose, anybody have any suggestions on how to get them back?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
If you run Airport Utility in applications/Utiities folder then when your TC shows up select it and there should be an advisory telling you why you have the amber light.

OP
P
Reaction score
I already went there before posting, that's where it asks if I want to set up my Time Capsule. It's as if I just took it out of the box. I am absolutely sure I didn't do ANYTHING to it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
OK - what type of internet - Cable or DSL
What modem and is it set to hand out DHCP
is the TC with Internet selected set to Connection sharing = Off (Bridge Mode)
your Mac Sys prefs/Network set to Using DHCP

and when u set it up initially was the final step to click the button bottom right saying = Apply

OP
P
Reaction score
Ok I just took a chance and set it up again with new passwords and all that. All the stuff is still in there, sorry for the trouble.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.