Fed up with Fedex....

Reaction score
Hey guys, I ordered a 13 inch Macbook Pro BTO on the 6th and it shipped on the 11th...since then it has been in transit for NINE days. It arrived in Memphis, Tn on the 14th and got an immediate "shipping exception" because the label was torn. The tracking page has not updated since then, which is an astounding five days of being completely left in the dark. The original delivery date was supposed to be the 17th but it didn't come of course. So I called this moron Tuesday morning and he said it would deliver today(19th), which it didn't; their customer service is non-existent. I'm seriously afraid they've lost it in Memphis under a pile of boxes, and if they don't update the tracking tonight, they're going to get an earful tomorrow, this is ridiculous. Assuming it ever gets here and if they deliver it to the right house, I'll update.:Shouting:

Reaction score
it's tracked delivery, so apple will know it hasn't been delivered, IF it should come to the point where you need to ask for it to be sent again or something ;)

OP
T
Reaction score
I just got through calling them and for better or worse found out what the big mystery was...the FRUITILICIOUSLY FUNTASTICK thing got damaged and their waiting for the delivery team to open it to see if it is deliverable....I'll be HOG-TIED AND HORNSWAGGLED. So it'll be in my local Knoxville, Tn hub at 8:30 a.m. for the final judgement, God I hope it isn't messed up; I've waited TEN days for this!? Hope the rest of you don't have to go through this WONDERFULLY ENRICHING EXPERIENCE OVERFLOWING WITH PATIENCE AND VIRTUE.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Very sorry to hear about your delivery troubles...but like anything in life...nothing is perfect.

Fed Ex does not have a 100% perfect delivery record (nothing damaged, nothing late)...and no other delivery company does either.

Think about all of the packages they deliver, and how the packages get handled during the delivery process...and it's AMAZING that more packages aren't late or damaged!!!

Of course it always really really sucks when this happens to an individual customer...so sorry to hear that this happened to you.

The good thing is you are not losing any money...Fed Ex will have to pay for the damages to Apple...and in the end you will end up with a nice shiny spanking new computer...unfortunately you will receive it later than expected.

Stuff happens,

- Nick

OP
T
Reaction score
I know, it just makes me mad that I happen to fall in the 1% of customers from Fedex whose packages are messed up in the mail. I have heard a lot of people getting theirs super quick, even with Ground shipping, that's why I get so angry, because almost everybody on here got their computers almost immediately while I'm stuck watching the driveway everyday for ten days.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I know, it just makes me mad that I happen to fall in the 1% of customers from Fedex whose packages are messed up in the mail. I have heard a lot of people getting theirs super quick, even with Ground shipping, that's why I get so angry, because almost everybody on here got their computers almost immediately while I'm stuck watching the driveway everyday for ten days.

Like I said it sucks that this happened to you.

What most folks don't realize...it's really the "shipper" of an item who is really the effected party in this situation...from a dollars $$$ perspective.

The computer that Apple shipped is their property until you receive & accept the delivery by signing for it. So if the computer is damaged during delivery...it's Apple who be receiving a reimbursement check from Fed Ex for the value of the damaged computer.

Of course you as the receiving customer is affected as well...but at least you are not financially involved.

Good luck..hopefully you will be receiving your BTO computer as soon as possible,

- Nick

Reaction score
Funny. I too ordered a MacBook Pro, but I've been waiting since June 2nd to get mine. Currently Fedex has the following status:

All shipment travel activity is displayed in local time for the location

Location Details:
Aug 20, 2009 8:25 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery
Aug 20, 2009 5:43 AM At local FedEx facility
Aug 19, 2009 10:42 PM Departed FedEx location
Aug 19, 2009 7:31 PM Arrived at FedEx location
Aug 19, 2009 6:24 AM Departed FedEx location
Aug 18, 2009 7:58 PM Arrived at FedEx location
Aug 18, 2009 6:12 PM Picked up
Aug 18, 2009 2:37 PM In FedEx possession
Aug 18, 2009 7:24 AM Shipment information sent to FedEx

It wasn't Fedex's fault that it was shipped so late. It was the sender. Oh, and it wasn't Apple. It was a Apple Authorized Training Center (AATC). :eek:

Anyway, good luck on your MBP. ;)

Reaction score
I guess I got lucky on my order.

Here's mine.

Aug 20, 2009 11:15 AM Delivered
Aug 20, 2009 8:14 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery
Aug 20, 2009 4:30 AM At dest sort facility
Aug 19, 2009 12:37 PM Departed FedEx location
Aug 19, 2009 2:07 AM Arrived at FedEx location
Aug 18, 2009 4:19 PM Departed FedEx location
Aug 18, 2009 8:09 PM Int'l shipment release
Aug 18, 2009 2:01 AM Arrived at FedEx location
Aug 18, 2009 3:08 AM In transit
Aug 17, 2009 10:51 AM Left FedEx origin facility
Aug 16, 2009 9:30 PM Shipment information sent to FedEx
Aug 17, 2009 10:24 AM Picked up

I placed my order last week Thursday and received my MBP 13" a week later.
I have yet to open it so hopefully it all goes smooth later.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I got mine instantly. Right when I handed over the credit card.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I got mine instantly. Right when I handed over the credit card.

There ya go...buy it at the source...Instant gratification!!!:)

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Shops won't sell you non-standard specs though, will they?

Maybe they do, if you can get to the REAL Apple Store in Cupertino!;D

There was a time when the Apple "faithful" that weren't located in the Central California area...would have considered a trip to the one & only Apple Corporate Store in Cupertino almost like a visit to Mecca!!!;)

This of course was before all of the Apple Stores opened all over the world!

- Nick

OP
T
Reaction score
Well, yet another day without a computer. I don't know who to talk to, every time I call Fedex they always give me the same runaround about how it will be here today, only to find out the next day that it should be arriving at the local Fedex hub the next morning....how does that work? It delivers today, but should be arriving in Knoxville tomorrow? I'm over it; I honestly think they lost it in the mail and I'm seriously considering canceling the order, and just going to the Apple store. Should I just call Apple, or can they do anything whatsoever about this disaster?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, yet another day without a computer. I don't know who to talk to, every time I call Fedex they always give me the same runaround about how it will be here today, only to find out the next day that it should be arriving at the local Fedex hub the next morning....how does that work? It delivers today, but should be arriving in Knoxville tomorrow? I'm over it; I honestly think they lost it in the mail and I'm seriously considering canceling the order, and just going to the Apple store. Should I just call Apple, or can they do anything whatsoever about this disaster?

In one of your earlier posts you mentioned that the package was damaged. If so...do you really want a damaged package.

I would just as soon reject the shipment if it does ever arrive...and order a new one.

- Nick

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that.

I got my MBP in about 3 days via UPS. I'm sure that makes you feel better.

FWIW I've found that UPS and Fedex work very well a whole lot of the time, but when they have a problem (they call it an exception - I wonder if there is a base class for that exception?) you are basically screwed. They can't tell you anything about your package.

Best of luck, it will be worth the wait.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 Inch Apple MacBook Pro; 2.40 GHZ, 4GB Ram, 250GB HDD
Maybe they do, if you can get to the REAL Apple Store in Cupertino!;D

There was a time when the Apple "faithful" that weren't located in the Central California area...would have considered a trip to the one & only Apple Corporate Store in Cupertino almost like a visit to Mecca!!!;)

This of course was before all of the Apple Stores opened all over the world!

- Nick

actually the apple website states that the cupertino apple store doesnt sell computers, doesnt have a genius bar or anything like that. its actually where you buy apple shirts, mugs, etc. Weird though...

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
actually the apple website states that the cupertino apple store doesnt sell computers, doesnt have a genius bar or anything like that. its actually where you buy apple shirts, mugs, etc. Weird though...

Well I actually visited the corporate Apple Store in Cupertino back around 1991...and back then they did sell computers!

If what you say is true...then I guess I made an incorrect assumption that they would still be selling computers today.

Thanks for updating me!:)

- Nick

OP
T
Reaction score
Bittersweet news I guess; found out today after badgering Fedex one last time that it is now missing(stolen in other words). So far they've given me three inconsistent excuses: One that the label was torn and needed to be replaced, four days later they told me it could be damaged and their checking to see it it is deliverable, and today it is now missing and they'll call me when they find it(I'm sure). Anyway, that was the last straw I called up Apple and complained and they completely sympathized and were very courteous and helpful. They are going to investigate this mess and in the meantime send me a replacement with free two day business expedited(think that's right) shipping. So I should get my new computer probably Wednesday or so, hopefully sooner, first they said they got to straighten things out with Fedex. Hopefully next time I come on here I'll be typing from a shiny new Macbook Pro!:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.