Yahoo Address Book and iTunes 3.01

Reaction score
I tried choosing yahoo address book from itunes for contact management and entered my yahoo user id and password but it gives me a message saying "Itunes cant sync with Yahoo Address Book because an internet connection is not available".
There is an internet connection and I also researched that error and read that others have had the same problem but no one seems to have a resolution.

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

thanks
Angelo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 Mac Mini: 500GB-8GH : iPad 2 64GB
This might be stating the obvious but Itunes isnt an address book. You might be trying to do the impossible their..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
But Itunes is a media device and you want to sync it with an adress book, it just dosn't make sence to me.

Are you trying to an Ipod touch or Iphone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
That doesn't really mater. Either an iPod or an iPhone should be able to sync the address book to via iTunes.

I'm just not sure if Yahoo will do this is all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okay but you can't sync an address directly to itunes is all im sayin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iTunes is simply the conduit that allows one to sync addressees to/from the device to/from a given address book. Thatguy16 is correct, iTunes doesn't store the addresses itself.

That aside and back to your original problem, are you doing this with the device connected and mounted in iTunes? Now, not using Yahoo myself, is this one of the features that can only be used with the Yahoo premium (paid) service and do you have that?

OP
A
Reaction score
i dont have the yahoo premium service but gmail lets you do that without a problem so i dont think thats what it is. My iphone is connected and itunes is launched and ive choosen yahoo as my contact management choice and then a pop up screen pops up where it asks for my yahoo id and pwd and thats when i get the error after entering that info in and it tried to connect.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have the yahoo premium service but gmail lets you do that without a problem so i dont think thats what it is. My iphone is connected and itunes is launched and ive choosen yahoo as my contact management choice and then a pop up screen pops up where it asks for my yahoo id and pwd and thats when i get the error after entering that info in and it tried to connect.

Gmail is free and allows you to do it. I think you need the premium Yahoo service to do what you want. It's a Yahoo thing.

EDIT: Actually, you may have to sync Yahoo with the Macs Address book App first:

I cant sync my iphone with my address book through itunes? - Yahoo! Answers

How do I sync my mac addressbook contact photos with my iPhone? - Yahoo! Answers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.