Need factory settings

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP, 2.53 GHz, 4 GB, 250 GB, Snow Leopard
Can somebody please help? I just purchased a 13" MacBook Pro, then decided a 15" Pro would be more suitable. So I'd like to reset everything back to factory settings for the next owner.

I ran the dvd to erase and reinstall the factory settings. The mac rebooted and now I have the Welcome screen. Problem is, I think I still need to get the software apps loaded. Is this the case? It doesn't seem like I can run the second disk at this point.

How do I reinstall the software applications at this point? Step by step instructions would be helpful. Thanks so much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
If you ran the disc and are at the welcome screen, you're fine.
Just be sure to include the discs when you pass the computer to the next owner.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
But I never ran the software install disk. Does the software load with the first disk? I thought one was for the operating system and one for software apps. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
It doesn't matter, if you ran the install disc and got the welcome screen you are fine.
You only need the second disc if you chose software that wasn't included on the original factory install.

Since you're including the discs with the computer, it won't matter anyway since the new owner will have them.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I appreciate your quick responses. I really like this site. Thanks again!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.