What is Internet Brand?

Reaction score
I have been looking around, I got a mail where a company wants us to buy their "Internet brand" for 180$ a year for. If I type in for example: "google" in the web address field, I come to google.com, or if you tase "apple", we come to apple.com. They are calling it Internet Brand.

I think it's a bit expensive and I want to find out more about this internet brand, I tried google but it's hard to find

so I ask you guys:
- you know anything about this or find some information that you would like to share

- know a company that has this service

thanks =)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Opera and a couple of other browsers already do this on their own without the need of it being set up on any DNS servers. Safari does it after you've visited a site once. Firefox and IE both pop up a list of previously visited sites when you start typing in the address field. Many browsers already have the ability to set up shortcuts in the address bar.

To do what they're talking about, your customer would already have to know your sites name. So, we're talking about paying a host $180 a year to setup a redirect instead of whomever taking advantage of the features of their favorite browser or adding a .com to the end of it? Sounds like a rip-off to me.

OP
HeroBiX
Reaction score
I did some research and it's more or less a rip-off and Safari can do it without been visiting the site, tried with yahoo and it worked =)

so, Worldwide Network is a rip-off, just so you guys know

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.