Setting an application back to <None>

Reaction score
I was recently trying to get a plug-in to work and i was plain stupid and set the default application for it to open with from <None> to an actual application. Is there any way to set this back to <None> for my peace of mind? I have not seen it actually effect anything yet and as far as i know all the plug-ins are still functioning properly it's just that all of them are now set to open with this other application when i don't want them to be.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Can you delete the nplug in and trash it, download a new version and let it install and run at the default setting?

OP
T
Reaction score
Can you delete the nplug in and trash it, download a new version and let it install and run at the default setting?

I tried that and it just has it saved as the same thing as soon as i download it unfortunately. It did a mass change where all file types like that open with that program but the other plug ins seem unaffected as far as functionality goes but the one i actually changed by hand in the first place does not work even after re-downloading it. The change stays.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Maybe a program such as AppTrap or AppDelete is required to completely remove the plug-in. Download one of them, move plug-in to Trash and all associated files should go with it. Empty trash, reboot and try downloading again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.