Issues with my most recent page update

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
see sig...
I just finished updating my webpage in iWebs, and after uploading a fresh copy of the website, just about every page I added stuff to does not show its content when you browse it online. Most of what isn't loading is pics or albums.

Any ideas?

iWebs 08

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
see sig...
Ok...this is odd....

Everything loads in Safari, although ungodly slow...

Firefox shows none of the changes made, just the pages minus the pictures/albums.

Any ideas? All I did for changes was replace a few pictures on one page, add a pic to another page, and add an album to the last page.

Does iWebs perhaps have a limit to overall webpage size?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
A similar problem was reported in this thread. Perhaps it is a cache problem. Clear the cache of the browser.

By the way, slow and iWeb go hand in hand because iWeb creates bloated web pages.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
see sig...
I know my pages are a little slow, but I mean Safari is loading them UNGODLY slow compared to normal.

After clearing the cache, same problem exists.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
While, that is a puzzle.

Do you have a link you don't mind sharing?

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
see sig...
http://www.theotherstyle.info

It seems for some reason that albums and pictures wont show up in Firefox.

Everything shows up in Safari and Internet Explorer, don't know about Opera yet, as I haven't tried it.

It has also been giving me fits about updating one my albums. I changed the page width in iWebs, changed the title bar, and moved things around a little, but those changes don't seem to take place online after I upload the changes. I am uploading those changes one more time (right now), hopefully at least that much works.

The pages that aren't loading are Our Members, Zero's Manga, Friends of TOS, and Cool S---. I don't know if it is a scripting problem, or if Firefox is just being screwy again after the new updates...I don't know. 3 different computers in 3 different states all get the same results. Firefox won't load them right, but Safari and I.E. will.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It all worked for me, in Safari 3 & 4, and Firefox 2. Firefox 3.5 had issues with some pages as you say. I think this may be a known problem that affected Firefox 3 and required an upgrade of iWeb.

I looked at the page source and noticed you are using iWeb 2.0. I suggest updating to 2.0.4, the latest version for 2.0. You'll see it listed in the right column at this Apple page. Once you do that, republish your pages. OH! Back up the Domain.sites2 file found in your "Library/Application\ Support/iWeb/" folder BEFORE you open the updated version of iWeb. That file is actually a container folder with all of your hard work.

The speed was fine for iWeb pages too. Not quick, but good enough. Even your largest photo album of a wedding loaded and was fully usable. My last speed test for my cable internet connection came in at over 8Mbps. The two machines (see side info) I tested on, although very different in speed, performed similarly.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
see sig...
Sure enough, that fixed everything. Thanks a lot man.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You are welcome.

I appreciate that you let me, and the thread, know that it worked out.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
see sig...
Yeah, I don't know what's been up with Firefox lately. Most of V3 has been problematic.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.