Leopard Install DVD not booting.

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Okay so I got that flashing question mark on my screen and I fixed that by clearing my PRAM. But now I face another problem.
I'm trying to install another Mac OS X on an external drive and I plan on using the Install DVD to do so.

The only problem is, my MacBook never reaches the Installation GUI. It keeps on restarting after the grey screen appears. I can hear the disk spinning everytime it boots but then the disk stops spinning and the MacBook restarts.

I've googled for hours trying to find a solution but I can't seem to find one. (maybe my searching skills just suck) So if anyone has any solutions please post!

Thanks in advanced!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Clarify what it is you're trying to do...

Are you trying to reinstall Leopard on your machine?

Or, are you attempting to install Leopard on an external drive? If so, why not use either SuperDuper or Carbon Copy Cloner to clone OS X from your internal hard drive to the external? Both programs will create a bootable clone.

Regards.

OP
N
Reaction score
I'm trying to make a fresh install on an external drive. But I can live with a clone too. I will try those programs.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
Have you tried any other discs in the optical drive ? just curious....sounds like it's having issues reading the disc.....

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
When you booted your system with the DVD media int the Drive, were you holding down the c key?

OP
N
Reaction score
Have you tried any other discs in the optical drive ? just curious....sounds like it's having issues reading the disc.....

Other disks works fine. When the MacBook is on and I put the disk in it will show up in the finder.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.