How easy is it to both the RAM and the Hard drive

Reaction score
Hey I'm new to the forums (like really really new) but any help would be appreciated!! sorry if this has been asked already ><

I live in the UK and i'm going to purchase a 13'' Macbook Pro next month for my new term at university. As i'm on a budget i'm opting for the entry level model with the following specs:

2.26GHz
2GB Memory
160GB hard drive

Before i purchased it i was wondering how easy it is to upgrade both the RAM and the Hard drive manually
If its not rocket science could anyone suggest any specific models/brands to look at

Thanks in advance!

Kenomi

Reaction score
RAM is pitifully easy
the Hard drive is easy too if you set aside the time and have the ability to concentrate and don't have a wobbly hand ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 Mac Mini: 500GB-8GH : iPad 2 64GB
If you haven't purchased it yet, the easiest thing would be to custom build it on the apple web site. it is also easy to manually change the RAM and hardrive yourself. If you google a visual walkthought of the computor, you will find the input locations. (Take the battery out and they are on the sides)

Most Mac magazines have pages devoted to discounted products(RAM and harddrives) that you can purchace online. Good Luck:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.